Monday 1 September 2014

All you need are a few simple ingredients...

And your washbag is complete.

I have really pared back what I use on my skin and hair to a few simple things.




1. Khadi Hair Washing Powder.
This ayurvedic hair washing powder blends cleansing reetha (soap nut) powder, conditioning amla (indian gooseberry) powder and clarifying herbs like fenugreek and bay. You mix with hot water, apply to damp hair and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well and go. No conditioner needed. I just add a couple of drops of hemp oil for styling purposes.

2. Hemp oil
I cleanse and moisturise my face with this stuff, and use it as a hair styling oil. I use it to moisturise my legs after shaving, and it is especially good on rough elbows. There isn't much I can't do with this oil, it is amazing. Read my post on using Hemp Oil for skincare.

3. Melvita Rose Eye Gel
I use this in the morning to soothe my eye area. It is pretty darn nice and doesn't break me out.

5. Shower gel
I'm not picky. As long as it smells nice I'll buy it. I do try to buy natural brands, and this brand from one of the drugstores here is perfectly wallet friendly (I don't know about you, but I just can't really bring myself to spend loads of money on shower gel!).

6. Homemade deodorant
Coconut oil, cornstarch and bicarbonate of soda, scented with whatever oil I fancy each month. The current batch is frankincense.

That's it. I also carry a small bottle of Dr. Bronners' Mild Baby Unscented Soap Liquid with me for cleaning make up brushes, my mooncup, my hands when there is something I'm allergic to, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...