Sunday 11 May 2014

USA Trip 2014: Washington D.C.

Over the Easter holidays, The Beard and I took a little trip out to the USA. We did a little tour of the East Coast, taking in Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. As is the way for two people with a passion for photograpy, we took rather a lot of photos between us - somewhere close to 4000! I wanted to share our trip, so each city has it's own post complete with edited photographic highlights and a link to the bigger album, should your curiosity get the better of you!

Washington D.C.

The capital of the USA! I have family who live here, so as well as it being a stunning city to visit, it was nice to catch up with my aunt and cousins (especially the one I hadn't seen for 15 years!).
We had quite a nice relaxing few days, hanging out with my cousins, and pottering around the city. There was of course some shopping, but more on that later!

My aunt took us out to Arlington, to visit the US Marine Corps Memorial (which is a LOT bigger than I thought it would be) and the National Cemetary (which is also HUUUGE!).


We also visited Alexandria, a small historic town in Virginia, further down the Potomac. It reminded me a lot of Exeter and small towns in parts of England.. perhaps unsurprising as this was a former colonial town...

Then on our final day in D.C. we did the Memorial Trail, walking around the Tidal Basin, onto the Mall and towards the Capitol Building. This was Easter Monday and the Annual Easter Egg Roll was on at the White House, so we didn't go too close because of the crowds.


We left Washington D.C after 4 days on an early morning train from Union Station to Philadelphia...



You can view my full Washington D.C. album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...