Sunday 11 May 2014

Sunday Round Up #2


Tulips in New York

This week has been incredibly busy at work (nothing new there then!), especially Monday and Tuesday when I worked quite late both nights. The two day meeting had some good outcomes but it was so intense I was exhausted by the end of it!

The rest of the week involved a lot of writing up and digesting what had been decided, and planning the next steps.

I did manage to get out the office at a reasonable time every day though. Wednesday night I had dinner with a whole load of colleagues which was fantastic.

Thursday night we stayed in and ate sushi from our favourite delivery place, then Friday I finished work at lunchtime, came home and chilled before the cleaner came later in the afternoon. I mentioned it last week - we decided to get a cleaner and it is the best thing we've ever done!

Friday night we went out for drinks and Indian with a friend, which was really nice. I had my favourite, lamb bhuna, and samosas. Deeelicious.

I reserved a car for Saturday so we could take some bits to the rubbish dump, go to Ikea and do a supermarket run for the heavy stuff we can't carry (so wine, tinned food and orange juice then). We did that after a monster fry up and some TV. Typically we spent much more than we intended in Ikea, but it was all stuff we needed, like a shoe cupboard for the lobby, some pasta bowls, a bigger pestle and mortar, the blackboard we've been after for a while, and some food from the Swedish shop.

Finally today I've been processing photos and writing up blog posts. This is why having a cleaner is fantastic; I now have time to do these kind of things without feeling like I should be doing something else! I have put a huge lump of beef in the oven, and while that is cooking I will do the laundry and Skype the folks.

The weekend has been rather relaxing and lovely, and I will probably finish it off with a bit of a facial pamper later.

I hope you have had a good week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...