Monday 6 January 2014

A new make up love?

Sorry MAC, I've been unfaithful. I stumbled into the KIKO store in SCS last week, and I found a new make up mate. Really sorry, thanks for all the good times!

No seriously, I couldn't give up MAC altogether. There are too many products I love too much, especially their eyeshadows. But KIKO... wow....


I didn't think I'd ever get to try any stuff, it seemed mythical and magical and something that I wouldn't find in Austria. And then I discovered that there is a store, in the big shopping centre I rarely go to because I feel like all the life force is draining out of me when I am in there... but there is this loud, bright, overwhelming store of make up magic.


I'm not a beauty blogger by any stretch of the imagination. I've tried my hand at reviewing cosmetics, but do you know what? I just don't have it in me to do it anymore. I just don't have the desire to take the perfect photo of my face, or of swatches. Which is kind of the point with beauty reviews.

So you'll just have to take my word for it. KIKO is awesome.

I bought the Skin Evolution foundation, which I think is the best foundation I've used in years. It is totally perfect for my skin (disclaimer: all skins are different), colour and texture. Even the coverage is good. And all for a third of the price of the MAC foundation I use. Bonus. 

I also bought the full coverage concealer because it is kind of dry, but yellowy in tone, so good for disguising redness. To go some way to disguising my dark circles (which seem to have appeared over Christmas, definitely not drinking enough water) and just generally giving a little lift to my under eye area, I bought the Natural Concealer in the pale pinky shade. It is lovely and light, and blends well.

Best of all, it seems to last pretty well. The real test will come once I'm back at work (for some reason working in an office is a real test of how well my make up stands up to the test of time). 

Here is a bonus picture of me wearing the foundation and concealers.

Other products used: MAC e/s in Copperplate and Concrete, GOSH Black Pencil liner, MAC Opulash mascara, MAC Blush in Well Dressed and MAC Cremesheen Glass in Pagoda

My other two purchases were a sparkly grey/mink eyeliner pencil, which is a dream to apply, and a beautiful colour, and a matte base/top/hardening coat for nails. The pencil looks amazing with the MAC Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Silver Dawn (which I am so going to buy a back up of). The matte 3in1 nail coat does what it says on the tin, and I love it. It's also a fast drying one, so you don't have to wait ages after applying, something which I understand is fairly normal for matte manicures.

Loving my haul so far, all the products have been top notch. Best of all, the whole lot only set me back €36! I will definitely be checking out more of the products in the future!

KIKO do online ordering in many countries - go to www.kikocosmetics.com to see whether they do in yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...